When it comes to the ultimate backyard power tool it’s hard to beat the power of a cordless chainsaw. These tools can cut through even thick branches and fallen limbs just like butter, allowing homeowners to keep their yard clean and free of debris. A chainsaw can be particularly useful in the spring or fall for maintenance and cleaning, and prove to be invaluable after a large storm that causes damage around the yard. The BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw is a model designed with homeowners in mind.
What it means is that the BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 is able to provide a fair amount of power while being user-friendly. Many of these cordless chainsaws can seem intimidating, especially for first-time users, but this isn’t the case with the BLACK+DECKER model. So let’s jump right in and take a closer look at what this one has to offer you, which will allow you to make an informed choice.
Bar Length (inch)
No matter what power tool you’re looking at there always tends to be a rather large list of selling points. With that said it’s important you know which ones to zero in on and look for.
When it comes to cordless chainsaws, the big factor is all about the battery system that is used and the run time. The last thing you want to be dealing with is a powerful tool that runs out of battery halfway through your job.
With the BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw, you get a 40V MAX 2.0Ah battery. What this means is that you can expect to make about 60 4×4 pine lumber cuts before you need to charge the battery again. Not only that but the lithium ion battery can hold a charge for up to 18 months.
Other Features of the BLACK+DECKER LCS1240
As big of a factor as battery and run time are, there are also other features that are worth noting with the BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw.
- Fast smooth cuts are possible due to the 12″ Oregon low-kickback bar
- Adjusting the chain is quick and easy, and doesn’t require any tools
- You can hold the unit in different orientations thanks to the handle that has a full wrap around
- The oiling system is automatic for the chain and bar
- It weighs just over 10 lbs which means it’s comfortable to handle
- The package includes a scabbard and guide bar which will ensure the blade stays protected when you’re done using it
- The chainsaw is relatively easy to assemble out of the box
- Because this unit is electric, you won’t have to worry about fumes and gas, which means it’s a much more environmentally friendly option
- The unit offers a three-year limited warranty
For all its pros it does have a few cons as well that you’ll want to be aware of before making a decision. According to users, this one has a few potential cons, including:
- The battery may need to be replaced sooner than anticipated
- The replacement battery can start to get costly
- Some complain that the run time isn’t as long as advertised
Clearly, the biggest complaint with this unit tends to focus on the run time and overall battery lifespan, which are both worth taking note of.
Thanks to a number of features, this particular model from BLACK+DECKER can actually make for a good entry-level model.
If you’ve been thinking about purchasing a chainsaw but don’t want to get in too over your head, the fact that this one is fairly lightweight, comfortable to hold, and is doesn’t feature too many bells and whistles that you need to learn how to use, then it can be great if you’re looking for something user-friendly right from the get-go.
Conclusion – The BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
The BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw aims to appeal to those who want to be able to keep their yard clear of debris, cut through lumber without issue, and yet at the same time don’t need a unit that is meant for a professional.
Need more juice? Read our Best Gas Chainsaw Reviews for 2022!
Keen on reading a comparison of the best chain saws on the market today? Check out our ultimate showdown of cordless chainsaws!