Heavy snow can often throw life out of gear. But the Husqvarna ST224P two stage snow thrower could be a reliable bet to deal with the crisis. The Husqvarna ST 224P is a high performance snow thrower, designed for homeowners who want to clear large driveways and yards. It works well in various snow conditions but most ideal for 6 to 18 inches of snow. It offers 24 inches of clearing width a 23 inches intake height.
The 208 cc engine, the power steering and the remote chute rotator make it an effective and a performance-oriented device to cut through the heavy snow.
How does the Snow Joe 323E compare?
Best Two Stage Snow Blower Reviews for 2018
One of the mid-range 2 stage models, this snow thrower is targeted towards relatively larger driveways and deeper snow cover.
- Cleaning Width: This is a useful indicator when it comes to describe the effectiveness, size and potential weight of a snow blower. The ST224P has a 24 inch clearing width, which is more than enough for medium size yards and sidewalks, and most ideal for larger areas.
- Cleaning Height: The clearing height could be as much as 23 inches. This means that even in case of heavy snowfall, it can go deep and throw a huge amount of snow.
- Throw Distance: When it comes to throwing the snow, the remote deflector and the remote chute make sure that the Husqvarna ST224P is doing exactly what you want with ease. It offers high throw distance, a whopping 35 feet.
- Blower Type: This is a two stage snow blower. Two-stage snow blowers can generally handle deeper snow depths than single-stage ones, and won’t pick up debris from the ground surface.
- Engine Power: The 208cc engine makes it one of the most powerful alternatives for clearing snow. This snow blower has a rather impressive 6.3 HP with a 9.5 lb-ft torque. This means plenty of power and therefore a great option even for deep snow clearing.
- Weight: It is a mid-range snow blower at 198.6 lbs. Though not a very heavy one, it is not exactly a lightweight alternative. However, most other snow blowers are comparatively heavy.
- Price Range: Performance and quality do not come cheap, this is not a cheap snow thrower, with prices around the $1000 mark.
Compared to the similar ST224 model, this one has power steering, and as a result, it is easier to handle even on steep slopes. The power steering is perhaps one of the best features of the Husqvarna ST224P. It enables easier movement for this quite heavy thrower. User reviews also highlight that it helps to improve the efficiency of this snow blower.
Another interesting feature regarding easier handling is the height adjustable handle. It makes handling very convenient and enhances its appeal across a huge cross-section of users. This also makes navigating the snow blower much simpler compared to a fixed handle option.
Furthermore, with its adjustable skid shoes, it can be used on most surface types, being it grass, gravel or stone.
Husqvarna was always renown for innovation and this snow thrower is no exception to prove this. The Husqvarna ST224P has heated handle grips, this means even if you are using it for relatively longer periods in cold weather conditions you won’t feel uncomfortable.
The remote deflector and chute also enhance the relative ease of operation.
In the light of having 6 forward speeds and 1 reverse speed the ST224 gives control and flexibility in tough terrain and snow conditions. Equally helpful can be the bright LED headlight in early and late hours in the day, not to mention the heated, adjustable handle that could lift your mood in the cold.
What did previous Husqvarna ST224P buyers say?
Most user reviews on Amazon indicate that this is convenient, easy to use snow bower, despite its size and weight. It significantly cuts down their effort in clearing deep snow and helps in providing long-term service. Users feel you can’t wish the snow away, but this Husqvarna ST224P surely makes dealing with it simple (source).
Warranty and Support
The manufacturers provide 3-year limited warranty and 5-year guarantee on engine and gearbox. This also goes on to highlight the conviction that they have in the product.
So, all in all, the Husqvarna ST224P – 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start with Power Steering snow thrower is one of the best 2 stage blowers money can buy on Amazon. It is a balanced mix of innovation, performance and budget. This machine is particularly useful for those staying in areas with heavy snowfall and can’t recommend enough.
The Husqvarna ST224P came out on top in our Ultimate Best Two Stage Snow Blowers review, where you can find further alternatives before you make a purchase.
Looking for a cheap snow blower or shovel? Check out our Best Cordless Snow Blower roundup where we investigated a number of cordless snow throwers.