Beautiful trees shed tons of falling leaves onto your property when September comes around. Raking those leaves can be a very daunting task if you are not using a leaf blower. A leaf blower can make cleanup a lot easier and you can use them all year round.
Outside of cleaning up leaves, you can use leaf blowers to clean up light snow in the winter, sand trekked in during the summer, and can even be used for year-round light clean up of dirty porches and walkways.
But as you can imagine, the market is awash with these items from various manufacturers. We want to look at a couple from Worx, specifically from the Trivac line.
Worx provides a line of lawn and garden-related equipment and tools that are manufactured by Positec Tool Corporation. The line has been around since 2004 with headquarters in Suzhou, China, and in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Worx brands include items such as trimmers, chainsaws, and lawnmowers. Their items can be purchased in popular chains all across the United States including The Home Depot, Walmart, Costco, Lowes, and online on Amazon. In Canada, you can find Worx products in Canadian Tire.
Products from this brand can also be found for sale in Europe. Of course, the line of products we are here to talk about today is the Worx Trivac leaf blowers. These also double as vacuums and are designed in a corded electric manner.
What is a Worx TriVac?
The Worx TriVac is a three in one unit that can perform the tasks of a blower, mulcher, and vacuum power. The units in this line are all equipped with an all-metal mulching system.
This system is composed of a shredder blade that provides you with mulch up to 1/18th of its original size with little effort. The tool is designed so that you can easily switch between vacuum mode and blowing tasks with an easy flip of a switch and without requiring tube changing.
Trivac has a cord lock mechanism, so when you buy an extension cord, you should choose the one with an AWG rating of Card Lock mechanism.
Keep reading this Worx leaf blower review to find out more about the Worx TriVac line or products and how they can benefit you.
Benefits of TriVac and the 3-in-1 Leaf Blower
- The 3-in-1 design of Worx TriVax models allows the unit to perform three functions in one tool.
- The blower mode and vacuum mode can be operated with one hand use.
- Easy to empty and clean thanks to a quick-release button.
- Designed to easily reach under patio furniture and decks.
- Airflow speed is adjustable allowing for sweeping corners and for peak performance.
- Included collection bag saves time and makes leaf disposal a breeze.
- All TriVac models feature a metal impeller
- It can be plugged into an extension cord which is not included.
- Readily available from a number of popular retailers including amazon.com.
Why Is Mulching and Shredding Useful?
Shredding your leaves allow you to use them as mulch. Shredding them for one will make them easier to dispose of. Without shredding, they would mat down on the surface and form a layer that won’t allow through water or sunlight.
When using mulched leaves you provide the soil with a better way of getting the organic matter from the mulch, sunlight, and air which means healthier soil for your plants to grow in.
Worx Trivac Reviews
Worx TRIVAC WG505 Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
This Worx TriVac blower, mulcher vacuum features a metal impeller that makes a fast task of clearing up your leaves and turning them into mulch.
The unit cycles through its three different functions with just a flip of a switch, saving you time and effort.
The unit vacuum up to 14 gallons of dry leaves per minute. It is lightweight and easy to carry around at just 11 lbs. mulcher will break down leaf matter to 1/10th of their size.
- Multipurpose 3 uses in 1 machine
- Easy to use
- Included collection bag
- The bag capacity: 1.2-bushel mulched matter
- May be heavy for persons with a smaller frame or for prolonged use
- Little shoulder support from the included strap
Worx TRIVAC WG509 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
This Worx TriVac leaf blower model is designed with a cleverly angled tube nozzle which allows it to get into hard to reach places easily especially when using the unit as a vacuum.
It is designed to operate at two different speeds; 75 mph and 210 mph. We like this feature as it allows you to use different speeds for different areas or materials.
For example, when on a patio or deck you can set it to 75 mph and then set it to 210 when you are out in the yard. The speed is easy to set with just the click of a finger.
- Lightweight at less than 10 lbs
- Two speed presets for different tasks
- A single button allows access to the impeller if necessary
- Angled vacuum head provides optimal efficiency on hard surfaces
- Reasonably easy to use with one hand balance
- Housing surrounding the cast iron impeller is plastic
- Single-handed operation will result in fatigue after long use
WORX WG514 Trivac 2.0 Blower
This great tool features an exceptionally high capacity air volume of 620 CFM. It is the blower with the highest CFM within this Worx vacuum blower review.
Not only does it have a high CFM but it also has a metal impeller like those mentioned in the other reviews. This emits enough power to shred everything that is vacuumed up, breaking them down into a very fine and usable mulch.
There is an included, detachable collection bag with a quick-release mechanism to make using it an easy task. At just 12 lbs it is designed for one-handed operation. Save time by easily changing between mulching vacuum functions with the flip of a switch.
- Low-speed vacuums debris without disrupting mulch
- Blowing power with a high capacity air volume output
- Makes single-handed operation easy
- Makes yard work fun
- People over 5′ 8″ will have to bend over while using the unit
- A bit more on the noisy side
If you like Worx products, learn more about Worx WG591 Leaf Blower, which we also reviewed before.
Best Attachment: WORX WA4058 LeafPro Universal Leaf Collection System
This attachment is worthy to note for those who already have a leaf blower. The Worx WA4058 is designed to work with all major brands. It will fit not just Worx TriVac models but also electric and gas models thanks to its universal connector with variable fit.
This attachment will allow you to save time by emptying one small bag after another. Instead, with this attachment, you can send your mulch straight to a waste container up to 16 feet away.
The mesh hood has a flexible drawstring allowing you to fit it over waste containers with a capacity between 32 and 96 gallons. It can also fit large capacity leaf bags if you opt to use those instead of the trash can.
- Allows for high capacity leaf collection
- Fits all major brands
- Use with your existing vacuum function
- Fits Worx leaf blower models
- Mesh occasionally falls off
Best Alternative: Worx WG430 13 amp Electric Leaf Mulcher/Shredder
This is a leaf mulcher with the capacity to shred up to 53 gallons per minute. We like its powerful 13 amp motor that works at 8,500 rpm.
It is easy to assemble and disassemble without using any tools. it folds down so that it can be stored without taking up too much of your real estate.
With this model, you can easily dispose of all your debris straight into bags which make a great fertilizer. The motor on this vacuum mulcher features a clean air cooling system which helps to reduce the emitted dust.
- Saves time with easy assembly
- Disassembles for effortless cleaning and storage
- Cuts through wet leaves and grass easily
- Compact and versatile design
- Generates significant amounts of dust
- Cannot handle twigs or pine cones
Conclusion of Worx Blower
We hope these reviews helped you to get a better understanding of what is available on the market and what the Worx TriVac line has to offer. We like each of the models mentioned above as they are all great choices.
What you choose should be dependent on your workload. Consider things like how much yard space you have to cover and how often you think you will be using the blower.
With a leaf blower and mulcher combination, you have the ability to repurpose your waste and provide your garden with the nutrients it needs to thrive.